Aaron and I had the rare opportunity to go to California for a friends wedding in Newport Beach. We have not taken a vacation from our kids more than an hour away since Lexi was born. We had a blast! It is great to know how much fun we can still have together.
We decided to check out California Adventure one day - we knew we would be in big trouble if we even thought about going to Disneyland without the kids. It was great - let me just say... the Tower of Terror scared the pants off both of us!
The next day we hit the beach. The weather was beautiful and it was soooo relaxing and nice. We both loved it. We had some yummy food by the beach and just totally enjoyed it.
That night was the wedding - a fancy wedding! It was on a yaught in Newport Harbor. It was wonderful to see our college friends and have such a nice evening.
Here is Aaron by our boat.
Before we left we stopped by the Newport Temple - it was very pretty.
The weekend was great!
And, of course we saw many of these...

I wanted to take it home. Souvenir???



















4 comments:
What a fun get away! I'm glad you had fun! I wish you would have brought me home that souvenir....
Oh for fun! You guys are so lucky to get a VACATION! Blake and I are planning one for the spring! We're gunna go to SEA WORLD, haha.
How fun. What a great trip. But I bet you missed the kids the second you left, huh? Those darn little ones sure know how to get you :)
Looks like you guys had a great time! Getaways together are so much fun. Miss you!!
Post a Comment