Monday, September 7, 2009

So I'll start the summer update with how we finished it up - literally.

Aaron and I have been training all summer for the Hobble Creek Half Marathon, down by Springville in Utah County. This is the marathon my sister Amber ran with my brother Lin last year. So we made it a goal to do together this year.

This is the shirt Amber's friend designed for us
(printing is on the back)

Amber got pictures at the finish line, I didn't have my camera. This is at the Cracker Barrel - breakfast!! We were hungry!



The race went well - we all finished. Both Aaron and I had been having IT band issues, he was able to run without it bugging him. I was not so lucky. At mile 8 I really HAD to pee. I ducked in the bushes and when I started running again, my knee hurt so bad I thought I was going to curl into a ball. I ran through it, but had to alternate walking. It really slowed me down.

Aaron met me a half a mile before the finish and helped me run in - it was awesome! I thought of Lin a lot. He loved that canyon. He took his boys camping and fishing there a lot, and that's the last place he was.

We were both the walking wounded for a few days, but we want to do it again!



Back to School!!
I gotta admit, I was sooo ready for school to start. I'd had enough of kids bickering and I like the structure. My kids were super excited too. Alexis is in second grade and Wyatt is in his 2nd year of pre-school.

Do you like how Wyatt wanted to pose?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very touching. Brought me to tears.
Good job. I think that is so great and one day I AM GOING TO RUN A RACE WITH YOU!! Did you hear that? Now you have to make me do it.
You're awesome. Glad to see you coming back!