Thursday, September 18, 2008

One more camping trip..

We fit in one last camping trip this year. We went up to our favorite place again; Huntington Canyon. We went with Aaron's family. It was a beautiful September weekend, the weather was great and we had a good time. The kids love to camp.

Here is Papa with Hunter

Hunter and cousin Addison... "I think I love you"

Aaron got some fishing in, he was just about the only person that caught fish.

Crandall Canyon is in Huntigton Canyon. That is where the miners died last year; the Crandall Canyon Mine. There is a really neat memorial up there, with beautiful stones for each of the six miners that were trapped and benches for the three that died trying to rescue them. The canyon is so pretty, and there was a nice little trail that led to a clearing with the memorial. It was a pretty sobering sight.


Wyatt got his first fly-fishing lesson from Papa - he caught on pretty quick. That kid has a mean roll cast; must run in the family.

Great trip!

5 comments:

Brycie @ Reenie Jae Creations said...

hahaha Addison and Hunter do look like they are talking to eachother! haha for cuteness!

Anonymous said...

We are awful. We didn't get even one camping trip in this summer!! We'll have to make up for it next year. Looks like a lot of fun!!

White Family said...

Look how cute your blog is!! I came across it from Emily's. I didn't even know anyone in the neighborhood had one. You guys look like you have so much fun all the time. Robin

Snell Familia said...

Denise,
Cute blog. The camping trip looks like a lot of fun. It's been fun having you come to aerobics. Have a great day!
Lindsay Snell

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed a lovely camping trip. I'm also planning it & will go for it soon.