Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hunting widow

It's that time of year again... the air grows cooler, the leaves change, and the hunts begin. Those of you who know Aaron, know of his passion for hunting. He actually started in August with the archery Deer Hunt. So he is off again, from Thursday to Tuesday in search of a big Bull Elk (for someone else). So I find myself at home husbandless.

The good thing is, I am used to it. I grew up with my Dad going on his big week long hunts, usually with my older brothers. This was a time to play for my Mom, sister and I. We would have all kinds of fun; shopping, going to movies, eating out. So the wives, kids and Grandma keep the tradition of having fun alive. Bless my Mom, she takes good care of me and the kids when Aaron is away.

I am also glad that Aaron does something he enjoys; that gets him out in nature where he loves to be. We all need something to charge up our batteries in life, or we could get drained and be no good to anyone, especially ourselves.

While he is gone, I tend to share my bed with someone else...


This is who I woke up next to yesterday. Not sure how long Wyatt was there...
Probably most of the night.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

I totally understand the 'hunting widow' way of life. And I agree with you on how good it is for our hubbies to be doing something they love. Glad you have your mom to help. I've found the more kids you have, the harder it is to have your husband gone. Cute pictures. Nothing is funner than waking up to a bed full of kids!!!

HeRoosSheRoos said...

You have very cute bed partners! I'm glad you make the best of it with Aaron gone. I bet you both enjoy the homecoming. ;)

Kristi said...

My mom was a hunting widow and so I made sure to marry someone who didn't hunt. Then he got called to Scouts and I was a Scout widow!

Send me your email address so I can add you to my blog
j8kwilliams@gmail.com