Rachel's family moved to California for her Dad to work at Dreamworks, luckily it is temporary and they will be back next winter. This was a special occasion, we get to see them about every six months.
The truth is, I am really not sure what I think about sleepovers these days. I totally trust many of Alexis's friend's parents, but you just never know. What if an uncle, or a sibling's friend did something? There are way to many unpleasant things happening to kids these days. Alexis (and my boys) are just way to precious to take chances with things like that. I like the idea of "late nights" - when kids can stay up late partying, but go home and sleep in their own beds. The crazy stuff happens after midnight anyway, right? :)
I have very fond memories of sleep overs growing up, even though I did stuff I may not want to tell my parents (I was a good kid, really). It was a great part of growing up.
Times have changed - what are your thoughts??
Wyatt also has his "buddy" Carter, they are both 3 and great friends. Now Hunter has an instant partner in crime, he and Hallie are 4 days apart.
I have very fond memories of sleep overs growing up, even though I did stuff I may not want to tell my parents (I was a good kid, really). It was a great part of growing up.
Times have changed - what are your thoughts??
Wyatt also has his "buddy" Carter, they are both 3 and great friends. Now Hunter has an instant partner in crime, he and Hallie are 4 days apart.



2 comments:
We dont allow sleep overs either,I am a big fan of late nights. I do feel like I am having them miss out on some fun times, we did a cousin sleep over once. It is hard to only allow cousins and then have them wonder why friends cant. I am with you they are too precious to take chances you just never know what could happen
I am a HUGE advocate of late nights. We had a problem with a sleepover involving someone we trusted more than anyone. Satan can get to anyone and he is real and he has power. More and more power the more life goes on. We have sleepovers at my house with cousins every so often but other than that, or if John and I are out of town, late nights are all we need.
Post a Comment